The HLC initiative will contribute to the advancement of knowledge underpinning healthcare practice and to contribute to the shape and structure of healthcare innovation. Expertise from within the School of Nursing and the Faculty of Health and Science will be utilised as new models of healthcare practice are developed in the provision of accessible, equitable, innovative and cost effective healthcare services within a quality healthcare environment.
The HLC is an initiative designed to co-exist within the healthcare services, which aims is to supplement and address the priority needs and gaps as identified through a process of consultation with local GPs, the acute sector and primary care providers.
Existing alliances with local, national and international healthcare providers will contribute to this initiative through a variety of models of healthcare partnerships.
The HLC aims to address priority needs and gaps as identified through a process of consultation with local GPs, the acute sector, and primary care providers.
Focusing on well-being in the community, in the workplace, and holistic health, The HLC offers the following services in its purpose-built facility:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- General Health Screening (Cholesterol, BMI, Blood Pressure etc.)
- Memory Screening
- GP and Phlebotomy Service
- Health in the Workplace
- Occupational Health Risk Management – (health surveillance, safety in pregnancy, working with hazardous substances, shift work etc.)
- Work Station Ergonomic Assessment Service (including eyesight screening)
- Occupational injury/illness follow-up
- Travel Health (including vaccinations)